The Dark Court

Reviews of new c64 demos.

Friday, August 26, 2005

"Forgotten Bytes" by Science 451

Forgotten Bytes
Science 451
score: 4/10

This is the second demo by Science 451 since 'they' (actually just one person, H.O.) returned, and like its predecessor it contains rasters, lots and lots of rasters. But where 'Sixteen years of silence' at least possessed a certain charm, this one is just plain old-fashioned, nothing more. No wonder, since two of the parts, as well as the intro, were coded in 1988, and the only new part was created in the same vein. Unfortunately it makes for a very bland demo, with no redeeming features apart from the classic tunes.

3 Comments:

At 12:50, Blogger Mattias Lönnqvist said...

Strangely enough, I partly agree with the criticism. Forgotten bytes is what the name implies; some data that had been forgotten over time, and I needed to get it off my discs before I felt I could proceed with anything else.

With that said, I am not entirerly convinced that the next demo will be better; I just know it will be different from this.

While assuming 6510-assembler has its charms, it is also time consuming and I still havent relearnt all tricks that I picked up back during the eighties.

 
At 14:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No offense to HO, but I find it gratifying that people can post negative comments about releases these days..... a few years ago *everything* was 'just great!'.

Personally I love old-school stuff, but this demo is definitely not state of the art.

 
At 18:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM RYGAR :)

tgtg1999@hotmail.com msn+email

how's it going "fancy" he he

 

Post a Comment

<< Home